CFA CFA General How To Pass in 60 days

How To Pass in 60 days

• Author
      ::

I came across this interesting article on how to prepare for the CFA exam in two months. It is pretty details and breaks it down by chapter.

Hope it helps!

http://konvexity.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/how-to-finish-cfa-curriculum-in-2-months/

Pain is temporary and pride is forever

• Up

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

• Up

Useful nonetheless @Diya!

Participant
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

@diya 60-day mark is coming soon!

• Up

But having said that – if anyone is just starting their exam prep (i.e. you have about 60 days study time), you might as well get all the help you can get. Thanks for the links @diya 🙂

Participant
          • CFA Level 1
          Up

I think it’s great though, it teaches you to focus on what’s important to maximise your coverage points if all hell broke loose, quite similar to @Sophie’s level3 experience. Nice one @Diya

• Up

@artyeasel Level 2 is a beast!! But Level 3 is more like a cunning predator :-SS

• Up

Some comments I will make about ‘how to pass in X days’ posts – there’s a reason why we haven’t talked about them so far on the blog.

1. what has worked for someone in the past doesn’t necessarily work for everyone, and

2. just because someone passed doesn’t prove their plan is effective.

I know quite a few people who passed with 2 WEEKS revision. Saw it with my own eyes. But what they did wasn’t necessarily the cause of their pass, heck, some of them might have passed with no revision.

What I’m trying to say is that putting in as much time as you can is the best defence you have against failure. If you really want to pass, make sure you start early. Don’t make the mistake of putting it off until it’s too late (not that anyone here is really guilty of that!)

Participant
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

Thanks for the share @diya! useful.

• Up

@TacheMan the panic set in a long time ago.

• Up

Thanks for sharing @diya, you’re right it’s pretty comprehensive. Probably only need to use this as last minute desperate measures, I wouldn’t advocate the timeline (ok, possible without a full time job) for the reason of strain to one’s physical and mental health. But hey, for all the last minute-rs out there, its a good plan.

• Up

I tried to pass Level 2 in about 2 months. It most assuredly did not work for me, got Band 4 and I felt like crap all the time. It was like fighting a grizzly bear – you were paining all the time and you just knew you were going to get eaten in the end.

I think people in general are less keen to talk about failing, so we always get these success stories but no cautionary tales. So let mine be one 🙂

• Up

I should have added a disclaimer saying that I don’t advocate or stand by the contents of this article. I was just impressed by how comprehensive it was.

@christine
            I can’t say I have seen the same with CFA exams but I saw the same thing in university. Some students did so well with barely any studying and some studied all week and still struggled.
            I think the biggest challenge when studying for the CFA exams is knowing yourself and your study habits.

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle. – Art of war

Here the enemy is the CFA exams =D

Viewing 12 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.