CFA CFA Level 3 Eight Readings Removed

Eight Readings Removed

• Author
      ::

Saw this post in AF and thought I’d re-post here. Basically the Level 3 curriculum is a little different than last year’s. Here are the changes to the readings:

Study Session 4

Replaced “Low-Basis Stock Integrated Wealth Management: The New Direction for Portfolio
      Managers, by Jean L. P. Brunel, CFA”

with

“Concentrated Single Asset Positions by Thomas J. Boczar, CFA, and Nischal R. Pai, CFA”

Study Session 5

Eliminated “Allocating Shareholder Capital to Pension Plans, Journal of Applied Corporate Finance”

Study Session 7

Eliminated “Dreaming With BRICs: The Path to 2050, Global Economics Paper Number 99, by Dominic Wilson and Roopa Purushothaman”

Study Session 8

Eliminated “The Case for International Diversification Global Investments, Sixth Edition, by Bruno Solnik and Dennis McLeavey, CFA”

Study Session 10

Eliminated “Hedging Mortgage Securities to Capture Relative Value, Fixed Income Readings for the Chartered Financial Analyst® Program, Second Edition, Frank J. Fabozzi, CFA, editor”

Study Session 12

Eliminated “Emerging Markets Finance, by Geert Bekaert and Campbell R. Harvey
      Journal of Empirical Finance, Volume 10, Issue 5”

Study Session 13

Eliminated “Swaps, Derivatives Markets, Second Edition, by Robert L. McDonald”

and

“Commodity Forwards and Futures, Derivatives Markets, Second Edition, by Robert L. McDonald”

Study Session 17

Eliminated “Global Performance Evaluation, Global Investments, Sixth Edition, by Bruno Solnik and Dennis McLeavey, CFA”

• Up

No more dreaming with BRICs?! 🙁

That was such an outdated reading to begin with!

I did well in Swaps but not in Commodities. So I’m still not sure how I feel about the changes. Overall I doubt it will affect the outcome much.

Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

The full changes can be found on this pdf: http://www.passingscorefinance.com/LOS/2012-2013/cfa_loschanges3.pdf

• Up

The full changes can be found on this pdf: http://www.passingscorefinance.com/LOS/2012-2013/cfa_loschanges3.pdf

Wouldn’t the changes be between 2013 and 2014?

• Up

No more dreaming with BRICs?! 🙁

• Up

Thanks @comicbookguy.

• Up

All,

In addition to the above, according to some notes I’ve seen from a study provider, the bit in study session 8 is not so much eliminated but a rewriting of the older reading 22. On study session 14, supposedly there is also a new reading on currency risk management that replaces reading 35.

Again this is just what I have sent through, I make no disclaimer about accuracy!

J

Keymaster
          • CFA Charterholder
          Up

Silly me – of course you’re right.

• Up

*been sent through even!

• Up

The low basis stock replacement looks like its almost the same with a few minor changes. However, the global performance evaluation was a bit confusing at times.

Participant
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

wow, that’s quite a few changes, thanks for posting this @comicbookguy. I’m a fellow L3 candidate now too

Viewing 10 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.