Career Discussions Would you like to connect via LinkedIn to other members of the forum?

Would you like to connect via LinkedIn to other members of the forum?

• Author
      ::

Hello guys,

I still consider myself new to this community, so please excuse me if I am missing something here.

I have the feeling that LinkedIn is a little underused on the forum. I don’t know how you feel about this, but I think it can be a wonderful opportunity to build lasting social & networking opportunities.

Would be glad to have your opinions.

• Up

Thanks everyone.
      Please do not hesitate to post or comment.

• Up

The only issue I can think of is if you want to keep your forum activity anonymous (CFAI regularly scour forums, and there have been examples of where they will take action if your posts are a violation of the Standards).

Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

@Mattyj from that perspective it will keep things honest 🙂

I think CFAI have only taken action once in the past and that was when forum members were actively trying to piece together the exam (we’re talking mass coordinated effort here).

• Up

I see your point @MattyJ. Forum are normally anonymous, with nicknames and the like. It certainly encourages people to subscribe and write.
        Like so many things in economic theory, the goal is to find the optimal balance between private life and networking.

Plus, it is not like the NSA isn’t reading your email anyway… 🙂

• Up

:)>- done :
        linkedin.com/groups/300-Hours-Community-5134627/about

I’ve took the liberty to use the blog banner. Please let me know if you want it removed

• Up

Joined. 😀
        Thanks.

Keymaster
          • CFA Charterholder
          Up

I think a good policy is that if you want to connect with someone in particular on the forum you can always reach out privately. That’s why we include the Private Message function for all users 🙂

Keymaster
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

@huwabara good idea. If it gets traction I’d be happy to surface it in the forum somehow for any new members to join (should they want to).

• Up

Done.
            Thanks @Zee.

• Up

@sophie I never plan to do anything naughty 😉

• Up

What naughty things do you do on forums anyway @MattyJ – besides grabbing badges? 😉

• Up

Oh! come on!
            It’s like throwing cold emails. Nobody likes to do that.

How about a LinkedIn professional group ? That would provide the separation between the forum and your public life, wouldn’t it? I would be glad to organize one.

• Up

Keymaster
              • CFA Charterholder
              Up

@huwabara this one will look nicer:

• Up

I think it is interesting idea. Think I already have a few 300Hours people added on LinkedIn.

Viewing 15 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.