Student Lounge What is your reading method of choice?

What is your reading method of choice?

• Author
      ::

old school books, Kindle, laptop or others?

Participant
        • Undecided
        Up

Old school is winning by a landslide!

Participant
          • CFA Level 2
          Up

my desktop or work laptop.. so voted other

• Up

Old school all the way. Though I have notes for my IPAD, will see how does it pan out to be.

• Up

It depends. Storybooks on Kindle, but CFA notes old school way!

same here!

• Up

It kind of depends. I use kindle mostly, but in some cases I might want the printed version (the old school way)

• Up

I prefer the old school way but if I am in hurry and want to read something right away I don’t mind using my kindle.

• Up

Although I’ve tried to study from various sources, nothing can be compared to the good old books. Since I am a fan of highlighting and taking notes, I cannot seem to do so effectively in any program/ platform so far.

Definitely agree on the note-taking abilities of old-school paper.

• Up

I’m old-enough that reading from an electronic device is still only something I do at work or in case of necessity. I much prefer my books on Dead Tree.

I don’t mind videos, webinars, etc. delivered online…that makes more sense to me than clicking through a PowerPoint presentation. But I like anything I read to be offline.

• Up

I’ve been reading the CFAI material on my slim laptop, which I guess would be closest to any one of the tablet options but far from the “old school” option. While I have always been an “old schooler” up to now, due to the sheer weight of the CFAI books (and me growing tired of carrying weight around), I started reading from the ebook version and got hooked. It works great: wherever you are, you can have ALL your books in a small fraction of the weight, with all your highlights, personal notes, etc. No need for pens, rulers, etc. (I only take a calculator to make sure I’m using one of the exam approved ones.)

• Up

I voted for old school, but I do read a lot of novels on my e-ink Kindle. For L1 and L2 I used the e-books and that was a bit tough for me, so for L3 I’ve got the print books. Studying is better with print books, I think. For recreational reading it doesn’t matter what device I use.

Participant
            • CFA Level 1
            Up

Old school for sure, since if i were to use on the tablets, I’d get very much distracted.

• Up

Although I’ve tried to study from various sources, nothing can be compared to the good old books. Since I am a fan of highlighting and taking notes, I cannot seem to do so effectively in any program/ platform so far.

• Up

me too – depends on the type of book really.

• Up

The Kindle is ace for when you’re on the train, or on holiday.

Participant
              • CFA Level 2
              Up

You ain’t cool if you ain’t old school. 😛

Keymaster
                • CFA Charterholder
                Up

Soon…

Participant
                  • CFA Charterholder
                  Up

It depends. Storybooks on Kindle, but CFA notes old school way!

• Up

Viewing 18 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.