CFA CFA General Anyone not taking the exam next year? or is it just me?

Anyone not taking the exam next year? or is it just me?

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 3
        Up
        ::

First discussion!! So, I passed level 1 last year and level 2 this year and I’m naturally happy. With the preparation for last year and this year’s exam. I feel so drained. I feel like my life has been ravaged by a savage brain eating monster for the last year and a half. I’m taking a break. No level 3 next year, going to focus on work and life. Anyone feeling me?

Participant
          • CFA Level 3
          Up

Hello @Wemi_Pearl007 , I passed L1 last year and L2 this year as well but I’ve signed up for L3 next year. I know how it feels but I just wanna get it over and done with.

Plus, i personally feel that it might be a disadvantage to have some gaps in between. Just my opinion anyway.

Keymaster
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

@wemi_pearl007 @marc had a few years’ hiatus and I think his consensus was to continue your streak if you can… 🙂

• Up

@Wemi_pearl007, congrats just one more to go! Yea I feel the same as @vincentt. But you’ll have plenty of time to rest until end of December anyway. Starting in January for Level 3 would be sufficient – so rest well and enjoy yourself now if you’re up for bashing the last level next year! 🙂

Participant
              • CFA Level 2
              Up

Hey! I finished my Level 1 this June but i’m not writing Level 2 next year because I’m doing a Masters course in Finance and it would be too much to handle both at the same time. So I’ll be taking it in 2015!

• Avatar of Wemi_Pearl007Wemi_Pearl007
              Participant
                • CFA Level 3
                Up

@vincentt & @Sophie. Oh I thought it over WELL while agonizing over the level 2 material.
                I honestly think a lot of work and development opportunities may pass me by while I’m Level3-ing, considering that I have 2+ years of experience in the industry. I’m collaborating on a couple of entrepreneurial projects and hope to take level 3 in 2015!

Participant
                  • CFA Level 3
                  Up

I understand the concerns about losing momentum. I think it comes down to personal considerations. I want to write the exam when I can put in the time.2014 isn’t it.

Keymaster
                    • CFA Charterholder
                    Up

I second @mockturtle’s comment. For me, keeping the momentum going was important, but it can be totally different for others depending on personal commitments/circumstances/considerations.

• Up

@Wemi_Pearl007 other than me being an idiot, I definitely attribute a portion of my level III failure to poor preparation because I was totally burned out from doing LI in December and LII the following June so could well be the right call, IMHO.

Participant
                      • CFA Level 3
                      Up

@Snippy, congrats on passing level 1 and all the best with the masters course 🙂

• Up

I was thinking of getting going on Level 1 this coming June but with the demands of my new job I’ve backed off that plan. So maybe Dec 2014 or June 2015 for L1 now.

Keymaster
                        • CFA Charterholder
                        Up

I have had a few friends that just never picked up the ball again after passing Level 1 though – so that could be a risk factor.

Participant
                          • CFA Level 3
                          Up

@jwa I feel you on the burnout. I remember reading so much, I started hearing buzzing in my head. haha!

• Up

@Wemi_Pearl007 Do the CFA at the pace that feels right for you. What do we do the CFA exams for — it’s to improve our career prospects and enhance our knowledge, isn’t it? If you already have experience in the industry and are taking steps to move your career forward, then there is no rush to complete Level III. One of my friends had done Level I in Dec 2010, then waited until June 2012 to do Level II.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.