Just like any forum, we want to be prepared to address spammers, abusers and trolls that may stop by from time to time. That's why we have our Flag option in every comment in the 300 Hours Community.
To flag a post, simply click on the 'Flag' icon present on any comment in the forum, and label the comment as either Spam, Abuse or Troll.When do I flag a post/discussion as Spam?
Spam (at least the way we define it here) are posts that are often:
When do I flag a post/discussion as Abusive?
- not relevant or does not add to the original discussion or forum
- often advertising some product or service
- can be persistent or aggressive
An Abusive post is anything that is violates our general terms of using this forum
. A quick, unofficial, one-sentence summary is that abusers are Not Being A Terribly Good Person. Examples:
When do I flag a post/discussion as a Troll post?
- comments that are indecent, offensive, defamatory, obscene
- are intimidating, threatening, harassing, bullying, mocking
- doing anything illegal (offering to share pirated materials, for instance)
Like I said, Not Being A Terribly Good Person.
A Troll is someone who posts Troll posts, which are inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages. These usually try to provoke readers to flip out or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.